Getting married in church
A wedding is one of life's great moments, a time of solemn commitment as well as good wishes, feasting and joy.
Engaged couples are welcome to be married in our church if just one of the following applies:
- one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in our parish;
- one of you has ever lived in our parish for six months or more;
- one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in our parish for six months or more;
- one of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in your lifetime;
- one of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for six months or more during your lifetime;
- your parents or grandparents were married in the parish
If you are considering a church wedding, we would love to help you create a service which is meaningful and personal to you. To arrange a wedding, please contact our Vicar. Further information and guidance on the marriage service itself is also available from the Church of England website where you can also watch a video about getting married in church.
Read here about our 2014 wedding event. This was held on 8th February 2014 and was intended for all couples intending to get married in 2014.